French television network TF1 made a report from the positions of the Russian army on occupied territories of Ukraine without mentioning Russian illegal aggression, Yevropeiska Pravda reported.
TF1 published the video titled In Trenches With Russian Soldiers on Youtube on 15 June 2023. Over 135,000 viewers have watched the video so far.
The video report shows Russian fortified positions on the occupied territories of Ukraine without giving the audience a broader context of Russia’s aggression against Ukraine, covering the Russian war effort in the area as a defensive operation aimed at repelling the Ukrainian offensive.
The report includes footage from inside the dugouts of Russian troops, short comments from the Russian military about the ammunition and drones they use against the Ukrainian army, and shows Russian soldiers firing small arms.
The voiceover in the video never mentioned that the Russian army had illegally invaded the territory of a sovereign state, nor did it say any facts from the broader context, except that the Russian military was expecting a counteroffensive by the Ukrainian army and had been preparing for it for a long time.
TF1 is a French commercial television network owned by TF1 Group. TF1’s average market share of 24% makes it the most popular domestic network in France.
- Meet the foreign journalists promoting Russia’s war propaganda
- A guide to Russian propaganda
- Why Jordan Peterson is wrong about Ukraine
- Three fundamentals of collective Putin’s paranoia “ideology”
- Russian propaganda & genocidal rhetoric intensify against Ukraine
- Twitter removes restrictions on Russian government accounts, The Telegraph says
- What’s wrong with Elon Musk’s tweet on Ukraine