Dear readers, Russia is waging a genocidal war against Ukraine. To help the Ukrainian Army resist the extermination of Ukrainians in the center of Europe, we are uniting efforts with volunteers who provide weapons and demining equipment to those who are at the frontline of Russian aggression. The initiatives we support are run by people we personally know and trust, so we can ensure that every cent raised is spent to help here and now. We also make an effort to procure the best-quality equipment that works under stress and will save lives instead of failing at the most crucial moment.
Governments around the world are sending military aid to Ukraine, but there are urgent needs of Ukrainian men and women on the frontline now. An invisible army of volunteers is helping Ukraine procure the things it needs to resist Russia and we are proud to be supporting them.
We got the following urgent requests:
|DRONES FOR AIR-DEFENSE|
The 1020th separate anti-aircraft missile artillery regiment urgently needs drones of various types: Large ones for surveying the skies for enemy aircraft such as kamikaze-drones – and small ones as shooting targets for calibrating fire of brand new anti-aircraft artillery guns. Together with the drones we will supply controllers, chargers and antennae.
Target: € 4800
- 2023/12/05 – bought a US-made night vision device for 128th brigade – € 3745
- 2023/12/01 – bought 2 periscopes, weapon oil, 6 power banks, 12 pairs of gloves, 12 masks and 660 units of chemical heaters for the 63rd brigade – € 800
- 2023/11/27 – bought a chainsaw, two high-power flashlights, two quality multitools, an axe and two power banks for a Special Forces battalion of Ukrainian police – € 1357
- 2023/11/27 – commissioned repair of an old power station of the 61st mechanized brigade – € 234
- 2023/11/23 – ordered another advanced optical sight with anti-drone optics for assault rifles for 118th brigade – €2780
- 2023/11/21 – ordered an advanced optical sight with anti-drone optics for assault rifles for 118th brigade – €1490
- 2023/11/14 – ordered an advanced thermal camera for the 117th brigade (Kupiansk) – € 2450
- 2023/11/10 – ordered a military electrical bike for a unit on the Zaporizhzhia frontline – €4640
- 2023/11/09 – ordered a mobile power station for 61st mechanized brigade – € 1048
- 2023/11/02 – ordered a military grade walkie-talkie for the 68th brigade – € 720
- 2023/11/02 – ordered a drone for Ukrainian artillerymen of Ukraine’s Special Forces in the Northeast – € 2788
- 2023/10/27 – bought a 4kW inverter generator for supplying electronic equipment of the 72nd brigade near Vuhledar – € 992
- 2023/10/26 – bought a frequency scanner for Ukrainian reconnaissance at the Southern front – € 961
- 2023/10/23 – bought a thermal drone for the 5th Sloboda brigade near Bakhmut and Soledar – 5400 € + 1000 € from soldiers
- 2023/10/15 – bought 2 drone backpacks for 93rd separate mechanized brigade – 200 €
- 2023/10/14 – ordered a military winged UAV for Ukraine’s Special Forces – 3600 €
- 2023/10/04 – ordered a thermal drone for 8th separate mechanized company of the 72nd brigade at the Vuhledar front – 5400 €
- 2023/09/29 – 3 encrypted digital radios for the 160th air defense brigade of Odesa, unit A2800 – 2030 €
- 2023/09/27 – STARLINK dishes for 87th airborne battalion (Kupiansk front) and the 5th Sloboda brigade (Bakhmut front) – 1080 €
- 2023/09/25 – Ordered two drones for 160th air defense brigade of Odesa (3208 €)
- 2023/09/17 – Finished fundraiser for a pickup truck for the 125th brigade (5051 €)
- 2023/09/17 – Received 22.836 € for thermal imaging (night vision) sniper scopes.
- 2023/09/15 – We delivered a fourteen piece kit of ammunition manufacturing equipment (reloading press, powder gauge, calibration tool, etc.) to the 87th battalion (1250€)
- 2023/09/10 – Ordered 12 anti-aircraft searchlights for Odesa’s 160 air defense brigade, unit A2800 (7600€)
- 2023/09/06 – Bought FPV drone gear for Special Forces Brigade “Storm”: notebook, signal booster, antenna, cables (1552€ in total)
- 2023/09/03 – Modernized a rifle of the 65th Mechanized Brigade – scope (1134€), chassis (310€), stock, buffer tube (573€), bipod silencer, magazine, anti reflection filter, grip (392€). Also integrated headset into a soldiers helmet (156€)
- 2023/08/20 – Ordered booster antenna and cables for 45th brigade (483€) – already at front line
- 2023/08/15 – Bought thermal sniper scopes for 14.895 €
- 2023/08/15 – Bought a thermal drone for the 45th brigade (5410€)
- 2023/08/07 – Ordered a consumer drone for the 77th brigade near Bakhmut (3200€)
- 2023/08/04 – Bought a thermal clip-on camera for a Ukrainian sniper near Kupiansk (3350€)
- 2023/08/04 – For the unit of this sniper, we ordered two mil-grade encrypted radios (1421€)
- 2023/07/31 – Financed Volkswagen T4 transporter for Ukrainian army (~5000€)
- 2023/07/27 – Financed more than 10.000 long-range bullets (.375 caliber) for snipers (€9950)
- 2023/07/23 – Financed one or two cars for two army units (details to follow – ca. €4000-5000)
- 2023/07/17 – Ordered a mobile power station for a unit in the NE (€1300)
- 2023/07/17 – Ordered encrypted two-way radios for three units in the NE (€5800)
- 2023/07/13 – Financed full body armor for a unit in the South, Zaporizhzhia direction (€1000)
- 2023/07/10 – Ordered gear for FPV Kamikaze drones for “Storm” Special Forces Battalion (€1000)
- 2023/07/05 – Ordered thermal drone for the 5th Sloboda brigade of Ukraine’s National guard (€5500)
- 2023/07/04 – Ordered two more mil-grade sniper riflescopes for €8.300
- 2023/07/02 – Bought 5 more mil-grade sniper riflescopes. Already in Ukraine. In total €25.630 spent for 8 sniper scopes.
- 2023/06/19 – Ordered consumer reconnaissance drone for the 116th brigade (€2700)
- 2023/06/16 – Share of “Valkyrie” winged UAV funded (€3500)
- 2023/06/09 – 2 ballistic weather stations for Ukrainian snipers ordered (€1956) — in Ukraine
- 2023/06/07 – Ordered a second advanced thermal camera for the Northern border (€3250)
- 2023/05/31 – Ordered an advanced thermal camera for the Southern front line (€2800)
- 2023/05/28 – We helped Ukrainian soldiers sell an unsuitable drone abroad for €5300 and buy 2 new ones for €5600 in total
- 2023/05/23 – Ordered third sniper riflescope (€5450)
- 2023/05/23 – Ordered night vision device with helmet mount (€3300)
- 2023/05/12 – Bought a consumer drone with additional accumulators for a unit near Kreminna (€2800)
- 2023/05/10 – Bought twenty simple walkie talkies for a unit near Kreminna (€600)
- 2023/05/08 – Ordered a second high-quality riflescope for Ukrainian snipers (€5450)
- 2023/04/30 – Ordered a high-quality riflescope for Ukrainian snipers (€5450)
- 2023/04/30 – Ordered an AK rifle mount for scopes (€160) and a helmet mount for a night vision device (€81)
- 2023/04/28 – Bought a thermal clip-on device for snipers of the 54th brigade at Bakhmut (€4000)
- 2023/04/25 – Bought a second thermal camera for the Southeastern frontline (€1500)
- 2023/04/23 – Bought a thermal camera for the Kreminna frontline (€1500)
- 2023/04/21 – Bought a mobile projector for on-site training of front line soldiers (€615)
- 2023/04/19 – Bought a consumer drone for reconnaissance with extra batteries (€2629)
- 2023/04/19 – Bought a 2S generation night vision device (€2929)
- 2023/04/18 – Bought another advanced thermal camera with optical zoom (€2900) for the 10th Separate Mountain Assault Brigade at Bakhmut
- 2023/04/18 – Bought a 2kW mobile power station for a front line unit (€1000)
- 2023/04/12 – Bought 6 mounts for fixing optical sights on AK rifles (€182)
- 2023/03/29 – Bought 8 tablets with mobile internet for front line units – they will be used for training with tactical software, planning of attacks and artillery guidance (€2405 in total)
- 2023/03/24 – Bought two military grade walkie-talkies (€1712)
- 2023/03/24 – Bought an original milgrade helmet mount for a night vision device (€335) – already at the front line
- 2023/03/23 – Bought a consumer drone with thermal optics (€5410)
- 2023/03/23 – Bought three gen.3 night vision devices for one eye (€12540) and one used gen.2S night vision device for two eyes (€2600)
- 2023/03/21 – Bought another thermal camera for Bakhmut, with laser range finder and digital night vision (€2400)
- 2023/03/16 – Bought an advanced thermal camera for Bakhmut with optical zoom (€2900) – already at the front line
- 2023/03/16 – Bought a high power binocular (€510) – already at the front line
- 2023/03/14 – Bought a van for a territorial defense unit at the front line near Zaporizhzhia (€6000)
- 2023/02/22 – Bought an advanced night vision device with a black/white tube (€3600) – arrived at the front line
- 2023/02/17 – Bought another thermal clip on device for an assault rifle “made in Germany” (€3680) – arrived at the front line
- 2023/02/15 – Financed a jack hammer for digging trenches at the Zaporizhzhia front line (€420)
- 2023/02/09 – Bought a used Iridium satellite phone (funds collected by the soldiers themselves) – arrived at the front line
- 2023/02/09 – Bought a 20.000 Lumen flashlight for locating and shooting down drones (€337)- arrived at the front line
- 2023/02/08 – Bought a used Mavic 3 drone for “delivering presents” to the invaders (€1800)
- 2023/01/30 – Bought a digital night vision device with thermal option (€2100)
- 2023/01/27 – Bought another thermal clip on device for a sniper rifle (€3239)
- 2023/01/18 – Bought a thermal clip on device for an assault rifle “made in Germany” (€3685)
- 2023/01/18 – Bought a 3rd generation night vision device (€3700) – already arrived in Ukraine
- 2023/01/16 – Bought a 2+ generation night vision device with helmet mounting (€3000) – already arrived in Ukraine
- 2023/01/04 – Bought a thermal-imaging drone (€5247) and a navigation device for soldiers (€713)
- 2022/12/27 – Bought three military-grade encrypted two-way radios for Ukraine’s National Guard at Bakhmut (€2.100)
- 2022/12/09 – Bought a military grade night-vision device with magnifying lens (€4.700) and transported it to Ukraine
- 2022/11/30 – Partial funding of a mobile reconnaissance station for controlling drones (€3000)
- 2022/11/25 – Ordered three mobile power stations for the army (€2.997) and transported them to Ukraine (already handed over)
- 2022/11/24 – Bought one night vision device and a thermal riflescope for an assault brigade in the South of Ukraine, co-funded another night vision device (€6196,- in total)
- 2022/11/13 – Pictures from the training exercises for the Leleka drones our readers partially financed back in July – the newly produced drones are delivered after the end of the training ($6500 out of $65.000)
- 2022/11/13 – A used Fiat Ducato minivan partially paid by our readers (~ €600 out of €3400) was handed over to the Ukrainian army
- 2022/10/26 – We bought another high-capacity mobile power station for the 63rd brigade (€2280)
- 2022/10/24 – We bought 38 small powerbanks 20.000mAh (€1100)
- 2022/10/17 – We bought a high-capacity mobile power station for the 63rd brigade (€2280)
- 2022/10/17 – We bought a Cyclops thermal camera for clearing Kharkiv region (€1550)
- 2022/10/12 – We bought a DJI Mavic 3 drone with extra batteries (€2600)
- 2022/10/07 – We bought 4 military-grade encrypted radios Motorola R7 Standard with extras (€3160)
- 2022/10/07 – Bought an optical sight with red dot for a storm brigade (€750)
- 2022/10/01 – We secured private funding for six encrypted two-way radios for a front line unit (€3000). The radios are now transported to Ukraine.
- 2022/09/25 – Bought one top of the line night vision device (€3800) and a thermal camera for artillery (€2500) and sent them to Ukraine
- 2022/09/17 – Together with the German-Belarusian community RAZAM e.V. we bought another 30 demining tools (€3000) for Kyiv, Chernihiv and Charkiv regions
- 2022/09/17 – Bought a used drone (€925) for the State Emergency Service of Ukraine – it will help with demining
- 2022/09/12 – Bought three top-of-the line Motorola two-way radios (€2200) and sent them to Ukraine
See picture from 2022/10/12, together with Mavic drone and power station
- 2022/09/12 – Ordered 12 replacement batteries for military two-way radios (€870)
- 2022/09/11 – Bought a mobile solar power station (€1000) and sent it to Ukraine
See picture from 2022/10/12, together with Mavic drone and radios
- 2022/09/10 – Bought a drone with thermal camera (€6700) and an additional battery pack and charging station (€500).
- 2022/09/05 – Picture of a drone which was privately donated by one of our readers and set to Sloviansk
- 2022/09/01 – 34 mine detectors financed by readers of Euromaidan Press and German-Belarusian society RAZAM have been produced and are handed out to deminers by the “Soloma Kittens” NGO in Kyiv.
- 2022/08/16 – Bought another thermal camera (paid by recipients) and delivered it to Ukraine
- 2022/08/08 – We bought one 3rd generation night vision device, with zoom lens for 4650 € and one thermal camera for 1650 €, and delivered it to Ukraine.
- 2022/07/28 – We bought two more professional night vision devices for 3400 € each, which will be delivered to Ukraine tomorrow. Besides that, thanks to your support we can buy ~36 metal detectors for a total of 3000 € (yes, 36 pieces – the deminers decided that we should better get them devices produced in Ukraine, which are much cheaper than Western models).
- 2022/07/10 – Successfully completed fundraiser for ten encrypted radios for a front line unit near Kherson. €8000 raised in less than a day! Additional donations will go to more radios and night vision devices.
- 2022/07/08 – Successfully completed fundraiser for two Leleka-100 drones (Euromaidan Press readers donated $6500, which helped the drone pilots reach their aim of $65.000). Signing of the three-party agreement on commissioning these drones is expected next week. We will keep you updated.
- 2022/07/05 – Successfully completed fundraiser for night vision goggles! We ordered one professional night vision device ($4200) and a military-spec magnifying lens for night vision devices ($1000)
- 2022/06/24 – Sent two residual light night vision devices to Ukraine (€7800)
- 2022/06/13 – Delivered 40 bomb disposal tools (€4000), 150 breathing tubes (€300), 8 optical sights and mounts (€1700), 10 encrypted radios (€1400), 5 rangefinders (€3200), partial funding for drone (€1000)
- 2022/05/18 – Delivered 12 encrypted two-way radios (€8000) and a digital repeater station with antennas (€2800), partial financing for car gears (€700)
- 2022/04/30 – Delivered 15 encrypted two-way radios (€8400), 12 digital two-way radios (€3000), one drone (€1800)
- 2022/04/01 – Delivered 20 night vision devices (€30000)
Euromaidan Press is working closely with volunteers who are supporting the Ukrainian Army and Territorial Defense by procuring equipment abroad and getting it to the front. We are supporting units who are the most at needs of equipment, especially near Popasna, Sloviansk and Mykolayiv. For the demining equipment we cooperate with the “Soloma Cats” charity fund, whose project is described here. We maintain connections with the receiving units through personal acquaintances who are in regular contact with the units and ensure that the equipment meets their needs and is properly used. Purchases and hand-overs are documented and made available to all donators.
We are supporting units who are the most at needs of equipment: the Territorial Defense units, National Guard, and Ukrainian Army units whose resources need urgent replenishment due to losses in battle (near Popasna, Sloviansk, Mykolayiv). We maintain connections with these units through personal aquaintances of these units who communicate with them and ensure that the equipment meets their needs and is properly used.
Governments aroung the world are indeed sending military aid to Ukraine, but there are many immediate needs still unmet, on which the lives of Ukrainian men and women on the frontline depend now. So an invisible army of volunteers stepped in to help Ukraine procure the things it needs to resist Russia.
As the stocks of military gear in Ukraine were quickly exhausted in the first days of the war, the timely procurement of items like drones, two-way radios, optical sights, thermal imagers, night vision devices, tactical first-aid kits, etc. depends on such volunteers finding them abroad and transporting them into Ukraine. Hundreds of ordinary people around the world who were vary of big anonymous funds support these grassroots initiatives because they trust the volunteers running it. Purchased equipment is transported to Ukraine via volunteer-driven convoys, which regularly transport humanitarian and other to aid Ukraine.
People at the front say what they need. With the help of foreign specialists like soldiers and hunters, we determine which equipment is most suitable and cost-effective to meet the need. For instance, thermal imagers are less effective during hot summer nights; by consulting hunters and soldiers, we established a type of residual light amplifiers that would work under army conditions.
The entire initiative is entirely run by volunteers who procure and deliver the equipment in their free time, so your money will not be used for overheads. We regularly post updates on funds raised and reports on the delivery of goods to Ukraine, so come back later to this page or follow us on social media to receive updates on the fundraiser.