A Russian cruise missile Kh-55 likely crashed near the town of Bydgoszcz in Poland, Polish radio RMF FM reported, referring to Poland’s Air Force Institute of Technology.
The missile likely flew from the territory of Belarus and crossed the Polish border during a massive Russian missile attack against Ukraine last winter. The Armed Forces of Poland do not have Kh-55 missiles or tactical bombers that can launch such cruise missiles.
Poland’s Armed Forces tracked down a missile flying from Belarus in December 2022 when a Russian Su-34 supersonic medium-range fighter-bomber aircraft approached the borders of Poland, according to RMF FM.
However, the Polish air defense lost sight of the missile near Bydgoszcz, northern Poland. In April 2023, a civilian bumped into the missile fragments in a forest and reported to the authorities about its location.
- Russian missile attack destroyed Ukrainian Red Cross warehouse in Odesa last night
- Ukrainian air defense destroys 15 of 18 cruise missiles launched by Russia at night
- Ukraine indeed shot down a Russian Kinzhal with a Patriot SAM – Pentagon
- Ukraine to run out of air defense missiles, Western fighter jets needed, US military expert says
- US “relieved” that UK plans to supply long-range missiles to Ukraine, will not follow suit – Politico