Ukrainian Su-25 ground attack aircraft (illustrative image). Source: Ukraine's Defense Ministry.
North Macedonia has donated Sukhoi Su-25 ground attack aircraft to Ukraine, the country’s Defense Minister Slavjanka Petrovska said on 14 March, according to Janes, which confirms Janes July 2022 reports that “four non-airworthy Su-25s (three single-seat Su-25s and one twin-seat Su-25UB) were transferred.”
According to the minister, North Macedonia delivered to Ukraine:
- infantry weapons and ammunition
- artillery equipment
- main battle tanks
- Sukhoi aircraft
- anti-armor and anti-aircraft weapon systems
- equipment and ammunition for use by the military aviation
Petrovska didn’t provide details regarding a new military aid package approved on 14 March.
On 15 March, local media outlets citing government sources said Ukraine has requested attack helicopters, and the possibility of transferring 12 Mi-24 aircraft is being assessed, Janes wrote.
- North Macedonia to provide Soviet T-72 tanks to Ukraine
- Slovakia approves sending 13 Soviet-era MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine
- Poland to send Ukraine at least four MiG-29 fighter jets “within the next few days” – Polish President Duda
- 12 countries helping Ukraine to restore energy infrastructure after Russia’s strikes – Ukraine’s FM
- Nine NATO countries support Ukraine’s membership in Alliance
- Mi-2 helicopter discovered in ship container at Odesa Customs
Tags: Mi-24, North Macedonia, Su-25