Russian forces shelled the town of Kurakhove in Donetsk Oblast, killing a 31-year-old man on the spot and injuring another person, reported the head of the Donetsk Military Administration Vadym Filashkin.
“The Russians shelled the town with Grad rockets, hitting residential buildings. A 31-year-old man was killed at the scene of impact, another person was injured,” Filashkin wrote on Telegram.
He also added that the strike damaged a kindergarten and several other buildings, causing a fire that rescuers have already extinguished.
Filashkin also called for the evacuation of all civilians who remain in the Ukraine-controlled part of Donetsk Oblast. Fierce battles are underway there, with Avdiivka near occupied city of Donetsk at the epicenter.
- Russia shelled Donetsk Oblast 11 times over the past day, injuring 2 people
- Police: Russia bombs Donetsk’s New York, injuring three
- ISW: Russian forces captured Khrokmalne in Kharkiv Oblast
- British Intel: Russia intensifies its assault along the frontline, suffers more losses
- 25 dead in occupied Donetsk shelling: Russia blames Ukraine, but is it true?