On 1 March, tweet #FreeSavchenko. Ready clickable tweets here:
- Nadiya Savchenko kidnapped from Ukraine on 18th June 2014 & since held in Russia without trial. #FreeSavchenko.
- 79 days on Hunger Strike, Nadiya is close to death, a death which the Kremlin relishes. #FreeSavchenko.
- 79 days on hunger strike. What we do today is likely to be Nadiya’s Legacy. #FreeSavchenko.
- Today the Kremlin wants World silence on Nadiya Savchenko, please disappoint them. Join #FreeSavchenko twitter storm: http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/20/1-march-2015-twitter-storm-day-global-support-freesavchenko/
- Nadiya Savchenko is Dying in Moscow for Democracy, please tell the world about her sacrifice. #FreeSavchenko.
- The date is 01.03.2015 and yet Russia kidnaps, tortures & forces woman to die. #FreeSavchenko.
- Why today in Europe, is Russia allowed to kidnap, torture and force woman to die? #FreeSavchenko.
- 79 days on hunger strike, Nadiya’s prepared to die for justice & the Kremlin’s happy to oblige. #FreeSavchenko.
- How many days does it take Nadiya to die of hunger, ask the Kremlin & they’d say too many? #FreeSavchenko.
- As Putin critics are murdered, today on #FreeSavchenko Day, tell the World about Putin’s slow murder of Nadiya. #Nemtsov
- The blood of another Putin critic lies fresh on the Kremlin pavement, today on #FreeSavchenko Day, be Nadiya’s voice.
- Today on #FreeSavchenko Day tell the World that President Putin is 100% responsible for the LIFE of Nadiya.
- President Putin has given Russia the power of time travel, but sadly only back to the Dark Ages. #FreeSavchenko.
- The only life that Putin’s cares about is his, today protect Nadiya by giving her a voice. #FreeSavchenko.
- The aim of the #FreeSavchenko Campaign is to give Nadiya & her lawyers a LOUD voice. #FreeSavchenko.
- Today is #FreeSavchenko Day, a day to tell the World about Russia’s medieval brutality towards Nadiya.
- Nadiya is not afraid to die for democracy in Putin’s Russia; be her voice today, #FreeSavchenko
- Nadiya is fighting against the system that maims and kills those who fear it. Be her voice, join the fight. #FreeSavchenko
- Be the voice of Nadiya and Ukraine. Join the #FreeSavchenko twitter storm. Ready-made tweets here: http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/20/1-march-2015-twitter-storm-day-global-support-freesavchenko/
- Nadiya fights for freedom and democracy in Putin’s Russia. Support her today, #FreeSavchenko http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/17/nadiya-savchenko-regular-young-woman-became-symbol-freedom-soviet-dissident/
- Nadiya Savchenko captured illegally, kidnapped to Russia, held without trial. Be her voice today, #FreeSavchenko http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/22/nadiya-savchenko-video-creator-top-75-stopfake-review/
- “I have never been weak and never will be! They cannot break my spirit.” Before #FreeSavchenko dies,read her words. http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/08/the-undefeated-before-nadiya-savchenko-dies-read-her-words/
- “#Russia and #Ukraine will prevail over powers of evil.” Before Nadiya dies, read her words. #FreeSavchenko http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/08/the-undefeated-before-nadiya-savchenko-dies-read-her-words/
- Nadiya’s words: “The loss of one fighter is a very great loss, but it is in no way a lost war! Ukraine will win!” Today, #FreeSavchenko
- Nadiya Savchenko must be freed: Russia committed war crimes against her and Ukraine. #FreeSavchenko http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/28/why-nadiya-savchenko-must-be-freed-russia-has-committed-a-war-crime-against-her-and-against-ukraine/
- In holding Savchenko in prison, Russia violates accepted international laws and customs of warfare #FreeSavchenko http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/28/why-nadiya-savchenko-must-be-freed-russia-has-committed-a-war-crime-against-her-and-against-ukraine/
- The abduction of Savchenko to Russia is a violation of fundamental human rights. #FreeSavchenko http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/28/why-nadiya-savchenko-must-be-freed-russia-has-committed-a-war-crime-against-her-and-against-ukraine/
On 1 March 2015, it will be 79 days of Nadiya Savchenko’s hunger strike. The Ukrainian pilot was captured on Ukrainian territory on 18 June 2014, kidnapped to Moscow, and imprisoned ever since. The accusations against her have undergone a bizarre evolution; her defense has refuted all of them. Deciding to fight in the only way available to her, through hunger strike, Nadiya has stood up to Putin in his invasion of Ukraine. On 26 January 2015, following a mass #FreeSavchenko campaign, PACE demanded to release Nadiya Savchenko. However, the Russian delegation answered by suspending its membership in PACE. Russian officials have refused to free Savchenko under the provisions of the Second Minsk peace agreement to release prisoners. Nadiya will not stop her hunger strike:
Until the day I return to Ukraine, or until the last day of my life in Russia! And I will not back down, otherwise what value would my words have?!
On March 1, the day of a large spring march of the Russian opposition, activists around the world will demand Putin to #FreeSavchenko. Join them in fighting for Nadiya’s freedom. On 26 January 2015, 54 cities came out to urge for her release. On 1 March 2015, it is planned that 31 cities will come out:
More things you can do:
- Join the facebook event and invite your friends;
- Tweet #FreeSavchenko;
- Stage a demo – doesn’t have to be at a Russian embassy, could be in a public place of where you live;
- Contact your media and request to be interviewed or for them to do a story on Nadiya. The more the world speaks out for her, the more chances she will live!
- Write or tweet to politicians to urge for them to speak out for her release. Ideas in the clickable tweets from the January 26 day twitter storm;
- Print and spread leaflets about Nadiya – you can download them here in Ukrainian, Russian, English, French, Czech, German, Spanish, Polish.
Find more resources on Nadiya in the press release for the 26 January Day of Action (photos, videos, articles).
Follow @GlasnostGone on twitter and check his tumblr http://glasnostgone.tumblr.com/ for more updates.
Images in English:
Images in Ukrainian:
Lots of more graphics in FB album on Euromaidanpress
Clip to support the kidnapped Ukrainian pilot Savchenko released by TV channel Ukraine Today together with Ukraine’s MFA (German, French, Ukrainian, Portugese in link):
- Nadiya Savchenko: the POW that became Ukraine’s poster girl for independence
- Russia jails the proof it is at war: Column
- PACE President to Chairman of RF Duma: Free Savchenko!
- Park named after Savchenko appeared in Warsaw in front of Russian embassy
- Movements.org helps Ukrainian rights activist Nadiya Savchenko. Expands support for Human Rights in Ukraine
- Nadiya Savchenko from prison: Thank you for 26 January #FreeSavchenko!
- Putin and Savchenko: Diagnosing state idiocy
- Nadiya Savchenko will not end her hunger strike nor let them break her spirit
- PACE: Nadiya Savchenko’s health is critical, release her now!
- Russia silent as Nadiya Savchenko enters fourth week on hunger strike
- Nadiya Savchenko to continue her hunger strike indefinitely after appeal rejected
- Nadiya Savchenko: I’m sick of Russia and your lying courts
- Hope for Nadiya Savchenko: Global Action January 26 #FreeSavchenko
- Nadezhda Savchenko: “I am on hunger strike to get some common sense out of the Russian government and conscience from the Investigative Committee #FreeSavchenko
- Savchenko protesters detained while listening to Ukrainian anthem (in Russia)
- What More Needs to be Done to Defend Nadiya Savchenko: Investigating the Case of the Killed Journalists
- Ukraine Pilot Nadiya Savchenko Confronts Her Kremlin Captors
- Heroine of Ukraine’s war with Russia vows to continue hunger strike
- Ukraine’s Dignified Warrior: Nadiya Savchenko Confronts the Kremlin
- Nadia Savchenko: The most controversial prisoner of the war in Ukraine
- Appeal to the world psychiatric community on behalf of Nadiya Savchenko
- Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko is being held in Russian prison
- Russian court: Savchenko not abducted
- List of political prisoners skyrockets in Russia
- Nadiya Savchenko: an ordinary young woman that became a symbol of freedom – Soviet dissident
- Worldwide campaign to free Nadiya Savchenko: why it matters
- The #FreeSavchenko campaign: from hashtag to PACE resolution
- Putin’s Hostage
- Why is Germany collaborating on detention of Nadiya Savchenko?
- Who is Nadiya Savchenko? Video from the creator of Top-75 StopFake review
- Why Nadiya Savchenko must be freed: Russia has committed a war crime against her and Ukraine – legal opinion
- Print a leaflet to #FreeSavchenko. Ukrainian, Russian, English, French, Czech, German, Spanish, Polish, Italian
- Nadiya Savchenko from prison: I am not afraid and not giving in!