On her 74th day of a hunger strike, the Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko held prisoner in Russia, sent a letter in which she thanked her supporters and invited them to the global day for her support on 1 March 2015.
People… I do not have the words to thank you for everything… For all your support and for the determined struggle you are conducting on my behalf.
In my wildest dreams I could not have counted on such support! I am fighting too! And not giving in! And will not be broken!
Because I am fighting not only for myself but against the system that maims and kills only those who fear it and yields to those who are not afraid. I am not afraid.
There are many Ukrainians here in Russian prisons. It is necessary to pull out the first one, so that it becomes easier to fight for each one later. Ukrainians have already shown the world the example of the Revolution of Dignity and how to fight with a criminal, rapacious power. And now I and all of Ukraine still have to fight with the unacceptable power of our neighbor!
Wish me and Ukraine success in this unequal battle by your support in the global action on March 1, 2015.
With all my heart, thank you.
Nadiya Savchenko 24.02.2015
On 1 March 2015, a global day of support for Nadiya Savchenko will be held. This is how you can help free her:
- Join the facebook event and invite your friends;
- Tweet #FreeSavchenko;
- Stage a demo – doesn’t have to be at a Russian embassy, could be in a public place of where you live;
- Contact your media and request to be interviewed or for them to do a story on Nadiya. The more the world speaks out for her, the more chances she will live!
- Write or tweet to politicians to urge for them to speak out for her release. Ideas in the clickable tweets from the January 26 day twitter storm;
- Print and spread leaflets about Nadiya – you can download them here in Ukrainian, Russian, English, French, Czech, German, Spanish, Polish.
Please see the FB event for more updates.