UK PM Rishi Sunak’s office said the British leader would confirm on 15 May the provision of hundreds of air defense missiles and further unmanned aerial systems, including hundreds of new long-range attack drones with a range of over 200 kilometers, Reuters reports.
After visiting Rome, Berlin, and Paris, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy continues his European tour and will meet British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak in the UK on 15 May.
Today – London. The UK is a leader when it comes to expanding our capabilities on the ground and in the air. This cooperation will continue today. I will meet my friend Rishi. We will conduct substantive negotiations face-to-face and in delegations.
— Володимир Зеленський (@ZelenskyyUa) May 15, 2023
Last week the UK became the first country to start supplying Ukraine with long-range cruise missiles.
Britain will also train Ukrainian pilots to operate Western aircraft:
“This summer we will commence an elementary flying phase for cohorts of Ukrainian pilots to learn basic training. This will adapt the programme used by UK pilots to provide Ukrainians with piloting skills they can apply a different kind of aircraft. This training goes hand in hand with UK efforts to work with other countries on providing F16 jets – Ukraine’s fighter jets of choice,” the statement reads.
- Italian PM promises full support for Ukraine’s EU integration, believes in Ukraine’s victory
- Ukraine creates coalition of fighter jets, Zelenskyy says in Berlin
- US arms manufacturer to provide Ukraine with modern drones
- Drone attack on Voronezh military ground injures 14 Russian soldiers
- US “relieved” that UK plans to supply long-range missiles to Ukraine, will not follow suit – Politico