We visualized how the military forces of Ukraine and Russia compare, based on the 2022 rankings of the website Global Firepower. However, they must be taken with a grain of salt, if we are talking about prognoses for Russia’s war against Ukraine.
For instance, the comparison does not include the recent deliveries of western portable anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons to Ukraine, which albeit relatively cheap and small, would help stop tank battalions. As well, the comparison does not take into account the ever-increasing role of drones on the battlefield.
- Ukraine’s military ranked as 30th most powerful in the world (2017)
- How Ukraine is building its territorial defense: results of first month
- How prepared is Ukraine’s army to fight Russia in 2022?
- Echoes of Nagorny Karabakh. Why Germany is worried about Ukraine’s drones in the Donbas war
- How weapons from allies would help Ukraine fend off Russia’s invasion