The Ministry of National Defense and the Lithuanian Armed Forces handed over a new batch of military assistance to the Ukrainian military on Friday.
The Lithuanian Armed Forces transported millions of rounds and thousands of cartridges for short-range anti-tank grenade launchers to Ukraine. Additionally, the shipment included about a thousand foldable stretchers.
“We hear the urgent requests from Ukraine and continue to provide assistance based on their expressed needs. We actively encourage our allies to do the same,” said Minister of National Defense Arvydas Anušauskas.
In addition to regularly providing military equipment and gear, Lithuania is actively involved in training Ukrainian soldiers, offering medical treatment and rehabilitation, conducting expert consultations, and allocating funds to international aid funds for Ukraine.
Lithuania has already outlined a long-term support plan, allocating a new military aid package worth 200 million euros for Ukraine for the years 2024-2026.
- Lithuania delivers several million rounds of ammunition to Ukraine
- Leopard 2 tanks heading back to frontlines following repairs in Lithuania
- Lithuania to redirect sanction violation fines for Ukraine’s reconstruction
- Ukraine to receive over USD 2 million from Lithuania to protect grain exports from Russian attacks
- Lithuania PM: Only way to achieve lasting, just peace is by helping Ukraine win
- Lithuania boosts Ukraine’s air defense with NASAMS launchers
- Lithuania to invest over $1 million in reconstruction projects in Ukraine