In his interview with Sky News, Oleksii Danilov, Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine (NSDC), did not rule out the possibility that Russia attempts another attack from the north, south, and east, as happened on 24 February 2022 – maybe even to coincide with the anniversary.
The NSDC secretary said that Ukraine is preparing for “maximum escalation” by Russia – possibly even in the next two to three weeks, and the hardest fighting was yet to come. Yet it is not just Russian forces preparing to go on the attack.
He urged western allies to send more weapons, including Royal Air Force Typhoon jets from the UK and F-16 aircraft from other partners.
- NATO states should stop drawing red lines and supply any weapons Ukraine needs – Lithuanian President
- Russia plans domestic production of Iranian drones – Ukraine’s NSDC Secretary Danilov
- Western weapon delays may have cost Ukraine its winter counteroffensive – ISW
- British Challenger 2 tanks to arrive in Ukraine “before summer” – Ben Wallace
- Russia wants to impose “Korean scenario” of division on Ukraine – Ukraine NSDC Secretary Danilov