The third batch of Starlink terminals that have come to Ukraine from Poland will support the medical and energy sectors of the country, Ukraine’s Prime Minister Denys Smyhal said.
Part of the Starlink terminals will be handed to Points of Invincibility all over Ukraine, according to Shmyhal. The Points of Invincibility are the shelters organized by the government of Ukraine to support Ukrainians during power outages caused by regular Russian attacks on the energy system. In these shelters, people can get access to the Internet, electricity, heating, and running water.
“It is highly important that Ukrainians keep in touch with their loved ones in this difficult situation. The critical civilian infrastructure continues operating despite any challenges,” Shmyhal said.
Starlink is a satellite Internet constellation operated by SpaceX that has been used extensively during the Russian invasion of Ukraine to provide satellite Internet access coverage to the areas hit by war all over Ukraine.
- Russia was preparing its 10th missile attack for two weeks to deprive Ukrainians of electricity on New Year but failed – Ukraine’s PM
- 4000 “Points of Invincibility” will provide electricity, internet, heat and water for Ukrainians in case of long power outages
- Russo-Ukrainian War. Day 310: Russia launches tenth massive missile attack against Ukraine
- Musk now says SpaceX will keep funding Starlink in Ukraine
- Ukraine received 45 electricity transformers and 50 generators from Azerbaijan
- European Commission to send 40 electric generators to Ukraine