Copyright © 2021 Euromaidanpress.com

The work of Euromaidan Press is supported by the International Renaissance Foundation

When referencing our materials, please include an active hyperlink to the Euromaidan Press material and a maximum 500-character extract of the story. To reprint anything longer, written permission must be acquired from [email protected].

Privacy and Cookie Policies.

Ukraine’s security service creates missing persons hotline for Russians

Ukraine’s security service creates missing persons hotline for Russians
Source: Espreso.TV
Translated by: Anna Mostovych

The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) is opening a hotline for Russians whose family members have disappeared in the Donbas, SBU head Valentyn Nalyvaichenko said on Espreso.TV, October 4.

The call center will attempt to find Russians citizens who disappeared during the fighting in the Donbas and also to help identify bodies of Russian soldiers.

“On Monday, October 6, we will provide an opportunity for families, including Russians, to identify the individuals shot and murdered on our territory. This includes the identification of Russian soldiers, who were sometimes killed off by their own people if they were wounded,” he said.

“The call center that is serving Ukrainian citizens will also provide Russian language service starting on Monday, and Russian citizens will be able to contact it. We are primarily interested in ordinary people — mothers looking for their sons. If they were fighting illegally on Ukrainian territory, then this truth should be available to the Russian side, he added.

Additionally, Nalyvaichenko stated that even though Russia has opened criminal cases on the so-called “genocide” in Ukraine, it will be exclusively the Ukrainian side that investigates these crimes.

“All these crimes will be investigated by Ukrainian authorities under international supervision. We support international control and maximum transparency, so that the fate of each person is known, so that each body is identified. We do not need propaganda. Enough. We’re proceeding with concrete work,” he said.

As previously reported, the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation has initiated a criminal case on the “genocide of the Russian-speaking population” of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.

Source: Espreso.TV
Translated by: Anna Mostovych
You could close this page. Or you could join our community and help us produce more materials like this.  We keep our reporting open and accessible to everyone because we believe in the power of free information. This is why our small, cost-effective team depends on the support of readers like you to bring deliver timely news, quality analysis, and on-the-ground reports about Russia's war against Ukraine and Ukraine's struggle to build a democratic society. A little bit goes a long way: for as little as the cost of one cup of coffee a month, you can help build bridges between Ukraine and the rest of the world, plus become a co-creator and vote for topics we should cover next. Become a patron or see other ways to support. Become a Patron!

To suggest a correction or clarification, write to us here

You can also highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter

Please leave your suggestions or corrections here


    Total
    0
    Shares
    Related Posts