On March 30 at 13:00, orchestras of six Ukrainian cities (Lviv, Kyiv, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Odesa and Dnipropetrovsk) held simultaneous flashmobs, performing ‘Ode to Joy‘, the anthem of the European Union, in the international airports of the respective cities.
According to Mediaport, the event was part of a volunteer project ‘Our common air’ to honor those who died in Kyiv on February 18-20. In honor of the deceased policemen and ‘Heaven’s Hundred,’ symphony orchestras of these cities played the anthem of the European Union at the same time.
In Lviv ‘Ode to Joy‘ was performed by the Gloria Chamber Choir and Academic Symphonic Orchestra INSO-Lviv.
In Kharkiv ‘Ode to Joy‘ was performed by the symphony orchestra and choir of the Kharkiv National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet.
Kyiv Boryspil airport, Borys Lyatoshinskiy classical ensemble of the National House of Organ and Chamber Music of Ukraine.
Kyiv Zhuliany airport, performance by The National Presidential Orchestra and the Orchestra of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine.
Donetsk, Sergei Prokofiev Academic Symphonic Orchestra of the Donetsk Oblast Philarmonic.
Dnipropetrovsk, Academic Symphonic Orchestra of the Dnipropetrovsk Oblast Philarmonic.
Source: news.liga.net, ostro.org
- The National Anthem of Ukraine translated to English
- Crimean university students sing the Ukrainian anthem to pro-Russian official’s face
- Ukrainian national echoes in Moscow: Yuriy Cheban paddles to victory (VIDEO in English)
- Odesa Euromaidan anthem shows why Euromaidan won (VIDEO with English subs)
- Sevastopol students sing Ukrainian anthem while Russian flag is raised (VIDEO)
- A Ukrainian Christmas playlist from Euromaidan Press
Tags: EU, Europe, Music in Ukraine, News, Regions