In Crimea, students of the Sevastopol National University of Nuclear Energy and Industry ignored the anthem and flag of the Russian Federation.
On Friday, March 28, in Sevastopol National University of Nuclear Energy and Industry a ceremony of lowering the national flag of Ukraine and the rise of the flag of Russia was held. During the removal of the national flag of Ukraine a significant portion of the students started singing the national anthem of Ukraine and continued singing it without music after it was hurriedly off soundtrack. During the further procedure of lifting the Russian flag and playing the national anthem of the Russian Federation, dozens of students ostentatiously left the parade ground.
As it was reported earlier, the rector of Sevastopol National University of Nuclear Energy and Industry Myhaylo Divizinyuk was dismissed from his post because of his refusal to lift Russian flag above the university and to move into the legal framework of the Russian Federation.
Source: http://www.blackseanews.net/read/78449, video – EuromaidanPR
Translated by Russia, Hands off Ukraine, edited by Alya Shandra
- The National Anthem of Ukraine translated to English
- Crimean university students sing the Ukrainian anthem to pro-Russian official’s face
- Ukrainian national echoes in Moscow: Yuriy Cheban paddles to victory (VIDEO in English)
- Odesa Euromaidan anthem shows why Euromaidan won (VIDEO with English subs)
- Musicians played the EU anthem in airports of six Ukrainian cities (VIDEO)
- A Ukrainian Christmas playlist from Euromaidan Press