On 14 April, China’s Foreign Minister Qin Gang assured that his country would not sell weapons to any party involved in the conflict in Ukraine, reiterated China’s willingness to help facilitate negotiations for a “peaceful resolution” to the conflict, and called for all parties to remain “objective and calm,” AP reports.
Taiwan’s FM hits out at China’s attempts to play Ukraine peacemaker – CNN
Responding to concerns from the US and others that China may provide military assistance to Russia, Qin also claimed that China would regulate the export of items with dual civilian and military use.
“Regarding the export of military items, China adopts a prudent and responsible attitude,” Qin said speaking at a news conference with his visiting German counterpart Annalena Baerbock, “China will not provide weapons to relevant parties of the conflict, and manage and control the exports of dual-use items in accordance with laws and regulations.”
China ships rifles, body armor, drone parts to Russia – Politico
While Germany has strongly backed Ukraine’s resistance to Russia’s invasion, AP notes that Beijing blamed the US and NATO for provoking the conflict, refused to criticize Moscow’s actions, and criticized economic sanctions against President Vladimir Putin’s regime.
- Beginning his visit to the USA, Polish Prime Minister warned Macron against cooperation with China
- Macron hopes that China’s Xi will negotiate with Russia on its war against Ukraine
- Spanish PM visits Beijing, urges China to support Ukraine’s peace plan – Reuters
- Chinese foreign minister assured his Ukrainian counterpart that China would not provide weapons to Russia
- China calls for de-escalation and blames US after Putin decides to deploy nukes to Belarus
- China shipped more than USD 12 million in drones to Russia over the last year – NYT
- Taiwan’s FM hits out at China’s attempts to play Ukraine peacemaker – CNN
- US govt sources confirm use of Chinese ammunition in Ukraine – Kyodo News
- China ships rifles, body armor, drone parts to Russia – Politico
- USA to tighten restrictions on chipmaking exports to China – Bloomberg
- Chinese state-owned firm sends helicopter parts to Russia — CNN
- US State Secretary reiterates concerns China will provide lethal aid to Russia – CNN