Slovakia will provide Ukraine with a surface-to-air missile system Patriot if Italy supplies Slovakia with SAMP/T anti-aircraft system, according to Corriere della Sera.
Italy’s government considers handing Slovakia one of its anti-aircraft systems SAMP/T, which was jointly developed by France and Italy, Corriera della Sera reports. Slovakia intends to help Ukraine strengthen its air defense with a missile system Patriot, but needs an adequate replacement.
Currently, Slovakia and Italy are in the process of finalizing the delivery of SAMP/T anti-aircraft system, according to Corriere della Sera.
Moreover, Italy and France plan to send SAMP/T anti-aircraft systems to Ukraine, Italy’s Foreign Minister Antonio Tajani announced on 21 January. SAMP/T is considered a highly effective system for defense against fighter jets and missiles.
- Ukraine’s air defense improved fourfold since start of Russian invasion
- The Netherlands to send Patriot missile defense system to Ukraine along with the US and Germany
- Canada to purchase NASAMS missile defence system in US for Ukraine
- Air defense systems on Moscow roofs installed to increase Russian support of war
- Russia hit Kyiv with missile type it uses en masse to terrorize eastern Ukraine
- Russians demolished Dnipro highrise with Kh-22 missile that Ukraine can’t shoot down