French energy giant TotalEnergies accused of fuelling Russian fighter jets that were bombing Ukraine

Latest news Ukraine

TotalEnergies, a French energy giant is facing an anti-terrorism investigation for allegedly fuelling Russian fighter jets that were bombing Ukraine. The French Darwin Climax Coalition and Ukrainian group Razom We Stand filed complaint to France’s anti-terrorist prosecutor, France 24 reports.

The two NGOs accuse the French energy giant of exploiting a gas field used to manufacture kerosene used by Russian planes in their bombings in Ukraine, particularly in the March 16, 2022 strike on a Mariupol theatre sheltering civilians which killed around 600.

TotalEnergies until recently owned a 49% share in Terneftegaz, a company that extracts gas from the Termokarstovoye field in northern Russia. The other 51% was held by Russian company Novatek, in which the French firm also owns a direct 19.4% stake.

Your opinion matters! 

Dear readers! We want to know what you think. Please fill out this form about what we're doing right, what we could do better, and what you would like to see more on Euromaidan Press. This will help us create better content for you. Many thanks for your time!