Anti-Terrorist Operation: Liveblog (July 7)

ATO Banner

 

2014/07/07 • Daily Updates

ATO map as of July 7

ATO map as of July 7

Following the refusal of Russian-backed insurgents to lay down their arms or cooperate in a unilateral ceasefire, President Petro Poroshenko announced the resumption of the Anti-Terrorist Operation of the Armed Forces & National Guard on late on June 30.

We will attack and we will liberate our land. – President Petro Poroshenko

Since July 1 the campaign has been ongoing (you can follow our Liveblog series here). The assault by the Armed Forces has concentrated itself in air strikes and artillery, and sources within ATO command have estimated combined losses to pro-Russian forces the first two days to exceed 600, while losses to Ukrainian forces are claimed to have been minimal. Over 100 military attacks were recorded on Wednesday in the renewed offensive. By Saturday, Sloviansk and Kramatorsk were liberated as the Ukrainian military routed Russian forces that had been occupying those cities. Militants are now primarily concentrated in Donetsk while a number of leaders have reportedly fled to Moscow.

Tags: , ,

  • Kruton

    On to Sebastopol and the victory parade!!

  • Kruton

    The elite opinion makers of the west stand exposed as ignorant poltroons! Submit to mighty Russia and their brilliant leader they said. Your fate is sealed they said,what say you now! Your silence is all the answer we need!