Following the refusal of insurgents to lay down their arms or cooperate a unilateral ceasefire, President Petro Poroshenko announced the resumption of the Anti-Terrorist Operation of the Armed Forces & National Guard on late on June 30.
We will attack and we will liberate our land. The end of the ceasefire is our response to terrorists, rebels, looters, all those who mock the civilians who paralyze the economy of the region; who rip the payment of salaries, pensions, stipends; who undermine the railroads, destroy water pipes, those who deprive a normal peaceful life.
Donetsk:Destroyed Sloviansk TV tower
- Loud explosions heard in Donetsk (video), multiple outlets reported insurgents are attempting to fire at jets with heavy machine guns. (10:20 AM)
- 4 killed, 5 wounded in Kramatorsk as mini-bus came under fire, reports Donetsk RSA. Details were not disclosed. (9:50 AM)
- Residents of Horlivka report tank battles involving the Russian Vostok Battalion. Sources say at least 4 Russian tanks are involved and civilians are fleeing the area in panic. (9:47 AM)
- Shelling by pro-Russian insurgents in Sloviansk destroys city’s TV tower on Mount Karachun, where Ukrainian troops were stationed. There were no injuries reported.
- Spokesman for the ATO states a number of insurgents have defected and/or deserted and are in ongoing negotiations, providing intelligence to Ukrainian forces. (8:41 AM)
- In addition to heavy gunfire in Donetsk proper, resident of Snizhne, Horlivka, and Kramatorsk reported ongoing shelling. (4:00 AM)
- During the night 1 soldier was wounded by sniper fire near Tarany, Donetsk region. (Tymchuk)
- Terrorists blow up train tracks in Luhansk region, suspending train activity. (9:25 AM)
- Heavy armored military column moving in Luhansk at. (1:45 AM)
- In broad daylight, terrorists are moving Russian tanks to Luhansk towed on platforms (June 30)