Maj-Gen Kyrylo Budanov, the head of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry’s Main Intelligence Directorate (HUR), stated that in an interview with Japan’s NHK, HUR’s Telegram account wrote, Ukrainform reports.
“Many civilians are still under Russian occupation, and time cannot be wasted anymore. We already have minimum weapons and other equipment stocks in place. I can only say that it will start soon,” Budanov said.
He noted that the country would need significant restocks to continue the operation.
- How Ukraine shaped the battlefield for its counteroffensive
- US and Ukraine top military chiefs discuss Ukrainian counteroffensive
- Final plans for counteroffensive not yet approved by Zelenskyy – Ukraine Security Council Secretary
- Zelenskyy says Ukraine needs more time for counter-offensive
- Expectations for counter-offensive are “overheated. This is a marathon,” Ukrainian Defense Minister says