Copyright © 2024 Euromaidanpress.com

The work of Euromaidan Press is supported by the International Renaissance Foundation

When referencing our materials, please include an active hyperlink to the Euromaidan Press material and a maximum 500-character extract of the story. To reprint anything longer, written permission must be acquired from [email protected].

Privacy and Cookie Policies.

Terrorists responsible for Mariupol massacre destroyed — SBU

Terrorists responsible for Mariupol massacre destroyed — SBU
Translated by: Anna Mostovych

The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU)  has completed the next stage in a special operation to neutralize a group of Russian terrorists responsible for the shelling of Mariupol on January 24. SBU Chairman Valentyn Nalyvaichenko reported on the operation at a press briefing on Wednesday, February 4.

“Today I want to report that the third stage of the special operation has been completed. During the first stage, we detained “Daishnyk” (Traffic Cop) who served as spotter for the shelling of residential neighborhoods. The criminal Russian officer, “Terrorist ,” who directed the firing has been neutralized. Ten of his accomplices have also been destroyed. The operation was carried out near the village of Bezimenne” Nalyvaichenko said.

He noted that the Russian military are hiding what the criminals did and  are organizing the transport of the bodies of the terrorists. “We trust their bodies will be returned to their families, ” he said.

According to Nalyvaichenko, all the terrorists were killed since they were on the territory controlled by militants.”There was no way to arrest them,” he explained.

Earlier, SBU reported that the spotter for the terrorists had been detained. During interrogation he testified that the shelling of Mariupol had been carried out by Russian military forces.

As previously reported, on January 24, around 9:25 am, militants used Grad multiple launch rocket systems to fire on residential neighborhoods in Mariupol.  As a result, 23 people were killed at the scene and 8 people died in the hospital, 105 civilians were wounded. The Defense Ministry reported that ATO forces destroyed 4 out the 6 Grad rocket launchers used in the shelling.

Translated by: Anna Mostovych
You could close this page. Or you could join our community and help us produce more materials like this.  We keep our reporting open and accessible to everyone because we believe in the power of free information. This is why our small, cost-effective team depends on the support of readers like you to bring deliver timely news, quality analysis, and on-the-ground reports about Russia's war against Ukraine and Ukraine's struggle to build a democratic society. A little bit goes a long way: for as little as the cost of one cup of coffee a month, you can help build bridges between Ukraine and the rest of the world, plus become a co-creator and vote for topics we should cover next. Become a patron or see other ways to support. Become a Patron!

To suggest a correction or clarification, write to us here

You can also highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter

Please leave your suggestions or corrections here


    Euromaidan Press

    We are an independent media outlet that relies solely on advertising revenue to sustain itself. We do not endorse or promote any products or services for financial gain. Therefore, we kindly ask for your support by disabling your ad blocker. Your assistance helps us continue providing quality content. Thank you!

    Related Posts