The Russian occupation force in the Donbas ordered a large supply of fake Ukrainian uniforms (Image: Ukrayinska Pravda)
On a procurement order from the Russian hybrid military force in the Donbas, a garment factory in Donetsk [in Russia-occupied territory of Ukraine] has delivered a large supply of Ukrainian Armed Forces-style combat uniforms with fake Ukrainian insignia, according to the Information Resistance (IR) group, as reported by Dmytro Tymchuk, the IR coordinator and head of the Center for Military-Political Studies.
“Part of the order – with the insignia of Aidar battalion – has already been manufactured and delivered to the mercenaries, the other part of the order – with the insignia of the Ukrainian Armed Forces brigades [is incomplete yet],” – the statement says.
It reports that patches with “Mykolaiv” and “79” were observed, which are symbols of Ukraine’s 79th Separate Airmobile Brigade based in Mykolaiv.
- Ukrainian military intelligence identifies top Putin’s generals conducting war in Ukraine
- Teacher releases primer for discussing Russia’s hybrid war in Ukraine
- Kremlin hybrid war tactics in Georgia, 2008 and Ukraine, 2014-2015 (Infographic)
- Donbas militias are “units of the Russian Army,” says Babchenko
- Russian aggression against Ukraine and international law: 25 key theses
- Hague receives report on Russia’s war crimes in Ukraine