Heavenly Hundred Memorial Walk on Maidan
The investigative commission of the Verkhovna Rada that is dealing with the inquiry into the shooting of protesters in Kyiv on 18-20 February, believes that the mass murder of people on Maidan was carried out by a criminal organization headed by Viktor Yanukovych.
On his official website, the head of the investigative commission, MP Henadiy Moskal, stated that the commission will send all of available materials to the Prosecutor General’s Office on July 7th.
The investigative commission concluded that the organizers and perpetrators of the shooting of Maidan protesters should be classified as a criminal conspiracy.
“The commission has reached the conclusion that ex-President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych is the de facto leader of this criminal organization since “he did not implemented any means, foreseen by the articles 106, 107 of the Constitution of Ukraine, to stop the civil confrontation that led to numerous victims amongst Ukrainian citizens,” states the report.
According to the commission, this “criminal organization” consisted of:
The full composition of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, which voted in favor of unlawful decrees Numbers 12,13,and 14 on the 22nd of January 2014, that according to the commission, led to the clashes on the 18th of February (presently these decrees have been revoked by the administrative district court of Kyiv);
- Ex-Minister for Internal Affairs Vitalii Zakharchenko;
- Commander of (Ministry of the) Interior troops Stanislav Shulyak;
- Deputy Minister for Internal Affairs Viktor Ratushnyak;
- Deputy Chief of the Main Department of Internal Affairs of Kyiv Valeriy Mazan;
- Deputy Chief of the Main Department of Internal Affairs of Kyiv Petro Fetchuk;
- Chief of the Department of Civil Security of the Main Department of Internal Affairs of Kyiv Oleh Marynenko;
- Chief of the “Berkut” special sub-unit of the Main Department of Internal Affairs of Kyiv, Serhiy Kusiuk;
- Head of the Security Service of Ukraine Oleksandr Yakumenko;
- First Deputy Head of the Security Service of Ukraine Volodymyr Tockiy;
- Chief of the “Alfa” special sub-unit of the Security Service of Ukraine Oleh Prysiazhnii;
- Chief of the Anti-terrorist center of the Security Service of Ukraine Andrii Merkulov;
- First Deputy of the Minister from the Cabinet of Ministers Vladyslav Zabarskii;
- Full composition of the operational headquarters, created by the orders of the Head of the Security Service of Ukraine Oleksandr Yakymenko, for the purpose of carrying out an Anti-Terrorist Operation against Maidan;
- Full bench of the judges of the Kyiv Pechersk district court, who committed a miscarriage of justice by issuing a decree on the 9th of January 2013, that prohibited the gathering and movement of citizens, in particular, blocking the roads, hence in fact, banning the Maidan (№ 757/27190/13-Ц);
- Officials of the Kyiv City Council, who have breached Statute 33 of the Constitution of Ukraine by appealing to the Kyiv Perchersk District Court, which then issued a verdict on the 9th of January 2013.
- “The actions of these individuals fall under Statute 225 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine – “Formation of a criminal organization,” highlights the Investigative Commission in its report.
Translated by Dasha Darchuk