In the early hours of 20 December, the Russian army attacked a humanitarian aid warehouse in Kherson, destroying it completely, according to the Red Cross of Ukraine.
“Last night, as a result of another shelling of Kherson, a warehouse with humanitarian aid of the Kherson regional organization of the Ukrainian Red Cross was completely destroyed,” the statement reads.
The Red Cross of Ukraine says a direct hit and the resulting fire completely destroyed the humanitarian aid stocks for residents of the Kherson Oblast, which were stored in the warehouse.
“Employees and volunteers of the Kherson regional organization of the Ukrainian Red Cross were not injured. The work on the liquidation of the consequences continues,” says the statement.
Russia has been conducting artillery and air attacks on Kherson City and Kherson Oblast every day, deliberately attacking the residential areas or sometimes specifically targeting the vital facilities.
According to Kherson Oblast Military Administration Head Oleksandr Prokudin, between yesterday and today’s morning, the Russian attacks injured 16 civilians in the region, including four children. Over that period, Russians fired 356 munitions using mortars, artillery, multiple rocket launchers, tanks, UAVs, and aircraft. 36 Russian shells hit Kherson City.
- Frontline report: Russia’s new tactic fails repeatedly in Kherson forest
- Frontline report: Ukrainian drone warfare thwarts Russian assaults in Kherson Oblast
- Russia’s morning fire attack on Kherson kills two, injures four civilians, including two doctors
- Russia officially recognizes death of its Major General Zavadsky at Kherson’s Krynky
- Two dead, seven wounded as Russia bombs Kherson hospitals and residential building