An additional Patriot air defense system from Germany will be deployed in Ukraine this winter, German Ambassador to Ukraine Martin Jaeger said in an interview with Ukrinform.
“The situation in winter can become very difficult now. The Ukrainian side did everything it could to prepare for this situation, and we helped with the preparations. I have already talked about our air defense support. In addition to the mentioned IRIS-T systems, one more Patriot system from Germany will be deployed here in the winter,” Jaeger said.
In early October, the Office of the President of Ukraine announced that Germany was actively working on sending an additional Patriot air defense system to Ukraine.
In mid-November, Jaeger made an announcement, confirming Germany’s commitment to delivering two additional IRIS-T air defense systems to Ukraine before the year’s end.
Germany announced back in April that it had supplied its first US-made Patriot system to Ukraine.
- Russian missile fired at Kyiv downed by Patriot system
- Dutch PM announces more Patriot missiles, patrol boats during visit to Odesa
- Germany to transfer additional Patriot system to Ukraine
- Ukraine needs 12 Patriot systems to protect all territory – Zelenskyy staffer
- Germany delivered its SAM Patriot to Ukraine