Overnight into 23 June, Russian strategic aviation carried out another missile attack against Ukraine. The Ukrainian Air Force Command says the attack targeted a military airfield in Khmelnytskyi Oblast, but air defenses destroyed all 13 missiles.
“Four [Russian] Tu-95MS bombers launched [the missiles] from the Caspian Sea around midnight. All 13 Kh-101/Kh-555 cruise missiles were destroyed by air defense, most of them in Khmelnytskyi Oblast. In addition, the defenders of the sky destroyed a reconnaissance UAV of an unidentified type,” the report reads.
Also, an air defense unit by the Air Force destroyed a Russian Ka-52 attack helicopter in the Donetsk direction at about 5 a.m., according to the Command.
- Ukraine shoots down most drones in Russian night attack but critical infrastructure in Lviv hit
- African leaders come under missile attack in Kyiv en route on “peace mission” to Russia
- Ukraine destroyed all 12 Russian missiles sent in morning attack on Kyiv (updated)
- Russian air attack injures one as Ukraine downs one of four cruise missiles and all Shahed drones
- Russians hunting for Ukraine’s operational airfields, hit one near Kropyvnytskyi – Air Force spox