The Ukrainian commander of the Tavria group of forces says Ukrainian troops destroyed or damaged 77 units of Russian military equipment on the southern front on 17 June.
“Every day turns into hell for the Russians. Our soldiers decimate the enemy skillfully. Over the past day, the enemy’s losses in killed and wounded amounted to more than four companies,” Gen. Oleksandr Tarnavskyi, the Tavria Operational Strategic Group of Forces commander, wrote on Telegram, adding that Russia lost 77 units of equipment as destroyed or damaged, including a Ka-52 attack helicopter and 24 tanks.
The General Staff’s stats of the destroyed equipment include seven tanks on 17 June, which may mean that most of the tanks mentioned by Tarnavskyi either received minor damage or didn’t make it into yesterday’s stats in time.
Tarnavskyi also added that Ukrainian forces also destroyed or damaged 12 Russian BMP infantry fighting vehicles, five armored combat vehicles, three MT-LB multi-purpose vehicles, two BTR armored personnel carriers, 2 Orlan-10 UAVs, one Zala UAV, and an anti-tank missile complex Shturm-S.
According to Tarnavskyi, 12 Russian ammunition storage sites were also destroyed.
Euromaidan Press couldn’t independently verify reports from the war zone.
- Ukraine continued counteroffensive in at least four sectors on June 17 – ISW
- Most intense combat focused in Zaporizhzhia Oblast, western Donetsk Oblast, and around Donetsk’s Bakhmut – UK intel
- Frontline report: Ukrainian forces make gains in intense clashes in Zaporizhzhia’s Orikhiv direction
- Russia adopts defensive posture along entire southern front – Ukraine’s General Staff
- Evidence suggests Russia destroyed Kakhovka dam from within – NYT
- Russian Army fortifying Crimea against Ukrainian counteroffensive, satellite images reveal