CNN reports that US Secretary of State Antony Blinken thinks Ukraine has the resources it needs to retake territory in an anticipated counteroffensive.
“They have in place […] what they need to continue to be successful in regaining territory that was seized by force by Russia over the last 14 months,” he said at a joint news conference with UK Foreign Secretary James Cleverly.
“It’s not only the weapons; it’s the training,” Blinken added, according to CNN. “It’s making sure that the Ukrainians can maintain the systems that we provide them, and it’s important, of course, that they have the right plans, again, to be successful.”
- Three reasons to be optimistic about Ukraine’s coming counteroffensive on Russia
- US announces new military aid package for Ukraine, including air defenses, ammo, satellite imagery services
- Frontline report: Massive HIMARS raid makes Russians believe counteroffensive to start on May 9
- US, Ukraine tweak HIMARS’ software to counter Russian jamming efforts – CNN
- US and Ukraine top military chiefs discuss Ukrainian counteroffensive
Tags: Antony Blinken, counteroffensive