Since mid-March, Euromaidan Russian Propaganda (Euromaidan RP) has been using the Euromaidan PR name to post separatist, anti-Kyiv, anti-Western propaganda and disinformation in an apparent effort to discredit Euromaidan PR. Because they use the Euromaidan PR hashtag, it is possible that people using that hashtag to search for us on Google or Twitter may find fake news.
As of May 4, Euromaidan RP has six followers. Several of their 240 tweets are retweets of material from RT, including articles and videos from RT’s YouTube channel. Euromaidan RP’s own material generally consists of anti-Kyiv and anti-Western propaganda.
All of Euromaidan RP’s tweets appear to bear the Euromaidan PR name, but it is easy to distinguish between a Euromaidan RP tweet and a Euromaidan PR tweet.
Here is a screenshot of Euromaidan PR’s Twitter page.
- The URL says ‘euromaidanPR’
- The user pic is a flag featuring Ukraine in the blue and yellow of the Ukrainian flag encircled in the yellow stars of the EU flag
- The Twitter handle is @EuromaidanPR
- There is a link to euromaidanpr.com
Here is a screenshot of Euromaidan RP’s Twitter page.
- The URL says ‘euromaidanRP’
- The user pic is a cartoon of a hand making a rude gesture
- The Twitter handle is @EuromaidanRP
- There is a link to rt.com
Here is an example of a Euromaidan Russian Propaganda tweet:
Here is an example of a Euromaidan PR tweet:
— Ukraine Front Lines (@EuromaidanPR) May 3, 2014
Please be aware of the differences. Euromaidan PR strives to provide accurate, verified information. Euromaidan RP strives to spread propaganda and discredit us by tweeting disingenuously under our name.