Collage by author.
- Finland (2015)
- Czech Republic (June 2016)
- Italy (December 2016)
In September 2016, “LNR” was going to open its “diplomatic mission” in Austria, but the Austrian Foreign Ministry denied any possibility of establishing either a diplomatic or a consular mission of the “LNR” on the Austrian territory.
With fake diplomatic missions “DNR” uses the Soviet tactics. Back in 1919, the Soviet Russia established a Russian Soviet Government Bureau in the United States, it was an unofficial “diplomatic organization” functioned as a trade and propaganda agency of the Soviet government. The bureau was headed by German citizen Ludwig Martens who was born in the Donbas city of Bakhmut. The “mission” was terminated early in 1921 as its head was deported from the U.S.A.
Ukrainian journalist Vitaliy Portnikov considers that the opening of such offices is a well-planned propaganda campaign, for which the Russian Federation has allocated a lot of money, with the purpose of putting pressure on Ukraine and on Ukraine’s western partners.
- Both “LNR” (Luhansk People’s Republic) and “DNR” (Donetsk People’s Republic) are designated as terrorist organizations by the Ukrainian Government.
- No real country recognized any of Russia’s puppet states in Ukraine, even Russia itself. The only quasi-state who recognized “LDNR” republics is the “Republic of South Ossetia”, a region in Georgia occupied by Russia in 2008, which is recognized as a state by Russia, Nicaragua, Venezuela and Nauru.
- The opening of the “DNR office” in Ostrava, Czech Republic, was widely advertised in Russian media in 2016, being called a “DNR representative office,” the Czech MFA disagreed: “According to our information, what some call a ‘diplomacy center or a representative office’ of the self-proclaimed DNR, is just a union registered in Ostrava. It cannot be considered a diplomatic office of a country. The Czech MFA will not have any relations with this center.”
- Soviet tactics: “DNR” and “LNR” “embassies” pop up in the EU
- Italian deputies demand explanation for “DNR office”
- Documents show French far-right’s involvement in war in Donbas
- Interactive map shows origins of Russian mercenaries fighting in Donbas
- Euromaidan and the Donbas war in the Italian media
- How Alexander Dugin’s Neo-Eurasianists geared up for the Russian-Ukrainian war in 2005-2013
- German Die Linke delegation visits right-wing terrorists in Eastern Ukraine
- Russian media lies: ‘free elections’ in Donbas acknowledged by the EU Parliament