Russian missile and kamikaze drone attacks killed more than 170 civilians and destroyed over 400 residential buildings in the Ukrainian capital Kyiv since the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, Kyiv’s Mayor Vitalii Klitschko said.
Seven children were killed in Kyiv over the past sixteen months of the all-out Russian war against Ukraine, according to Vitalii Klitschko.
“Putin needs our territory. He does not need us, Ukrainians. That is why he is killing civilians,” Kyiv’s Mayor said.
Russia launches Iranian-made kamikaze drones, cruise and ballistic missiles against Kyiv regularly, usually in the dead of night. Although the Ukrainian air defense takes down most of the aerial targets over Kyiv, the downed missiles and drones’ wreckage often damages residential buildings, killing civilians.
- Ukraine to run out of air defense missiles, Western fighter jets needed, US military expert says
- Russia adopts new tactic during its missile attacks on Ukraine – UK Intel
- Russia makes two Kinzhals a month, shifts missile strike strategy – Ukrainian intel
- Iran helps Russia build drone factory near Moscow – White House
- British Universities helped Iran develop Shahed drones and fighter jets – media
- Millions of Dutch chips end up in Russia despite EU sanctions – NOS/Nieuwsuur investigation
- Iran supplies Russia with drones by air, by sea
- Iran’s Shahed drones have stolen German tech