Anti-Terrorist Operation: Liveblog (July 6)

Anti-Terrorist Operation: Liveblog (July 6)


ATO map as of July 6

Following the refusal of Russian-backed insurgents to lay down their arms or cooperate in a unilateral ceasefire, President Petro Poroshenko announced the resumption of the Anti-Terrorist Operation of the Armed Forces & National Guard on late on June 30.

We will attack and we will liberate our land.
– President Petro Poroshenko

Since July 1 the campaign has been ongoing (you can follow our Liveblog series here). The assault by the Armed Forces has concentrated itself in air strikes and artillery, and sources within ATO command have estimated combined losses to pro-Russian forces the first two days to exceed 600, while losses to Ukrainian forces are claimed to have been minimal. Over 100 military attacks were recorded on Wednesday in the renewed offensive. By Saturday, Sloviansk and Kramatorsk were liberated as the Ukrainian military routed Russian forces that had been occupying those cities. Militants are now primarily concentrated in Donetsk while a number of leaders have reportedly fled to Moscow.

To suggest a correction or clarification, write to us here

You can also highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter

Please leave your suggestions or corrections here



    Leave a Reply
    Euromaidan Press

    We are an independent media outlet that relies solely on advertising revenue to sustain itself. We do not endorse or promote any products or services for financial gain. Therefore, we kindly ask for your support by disabling your ad blocker. Your assistance helps us continue providing quality content. Thank you!

    Related Posts

    February 16: Pro-Russian separatists cannot “morally” stop fighting for the town of Debaltseve

    February 16 – Continued sanctions against Russia, crisis in Ukraine, and January terrorist acts in Paris have placed under threat the possibility of a peaceful life for more than 800 million Europeans. This was raised in the letter by the speaker of Derzhduma in Russia, Serhiy Naryshkin, addressed to the Parliaments of European countries, the European Council, European Parliament, as well as the OBSE Parliamentary Assembly, writes Newsweek. The letter urges European Parliaments to stop the crisis. It is noteworthy that the letter is not a public letter. It was released to journalists by the Parliaments. Interesting – who will resolve this war – if not Russia? Of course, Russia decided to scare the world with a World War, which it itself is unleashing. A reminder, on Monday, the new EU sanctions against Russia took effect.

    February 16 – Illegal armed groups have fired at the positions of ATO forces over 112 times. The fragile ceasefire in Ukraine appears to have collapsed just 48 hours after being implemented, as separatist fighters and government troops continued to engage in tit-for-tat fighting.

    February 16 – Pro-Russian separatists cannot "morally" stop fighting for the town of Debaltseve in east Ukraine because it is "internal territory" and must respond to fire from Ukrainian troops, Denis Pushilin, a rebel representative.

    February 16 – In Rostov province, the Russian Emergencies Ministry has completed the preparation of the 12th column of humanitarian aid for Donbas and it is ready to ship. It consists of more than 170 trucks loaded with humanitarian aid totaling more than 1.5 thousand tons. The next "humanitarian convoy" of the Russian Federation, which crosses the Ukrainian border without the permission of the Ukrainian authorities, will be regarded as an invasion. This was stated by the Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the UN, Yuriy Sergeyev, says Joinfo.ua.

    February 16 – The United States said on Feb. 16 it is "gravely concerned" by fighting in and around Debaltseve in eastern Ukraine that flared up after a ceasefire agreement and said it is closely monitoring reports of a new column of Russian military equipment moving toward the region.

    February 16 – The situation in eastern Ukraine is very unstable, and the path towards a total peace will be extremely complicated, especially concerning the situation around Debaltsev. This was stated by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

    Ceasefire?? Battle for Debaltsevo rages

    Putin ally in Czech Republic

    Putin's countermove

    P.S.: Please spread this appeal as much as possible.

    January 2: The enemy began to group its battle formations and is relocating them closer to advanced positions of Ukrainian troops in the ATO area

    Maidan Community Sector, Lviv: Dear friends!

    January 2 – One Ukrainian military was killed and 5 were wounded in the ATO are in the last 24 hours, – informed NSDC spokesman Andriy Lysenko.

    January 2 – Russian terrorists have carried out 16 provocative shooting attacks on Ukrainian military positions, – informs ATO press center. By using small arms, rocket launchers and mortars, the terrorists fired at Donetsk airport (during the night), and by using small arms only – are near Chornukhyne village. The villages/towns of Stryi Aydar, Zolote, Popasna, Vuhlehirsk, Chermalyk have also suffered the effects of mortar attacks.

    January 2 – The enemy began to group its battle formations and is relocating them closer to advanced positions of Ukrainian troops in the ATO area, – informs "Information Resistance" group.

    January 2 – 2 new enemy formations, which include up to 200 people and 6 armored vehicles, have been recorded near the city of Volnovakha.

    January 2 – Aamphibious self-propelled howitzer 2S1 "Gvozdika" has been recorded south of Starobeshevo (4 "Gvozdika" howitzers and several KAMAZ trucks with ammunition).

    January 2 – Close to the town of Tryokhizbenka the terrorists have again started to practice "wandering tanks" tactics (they are using these tactics near Donetsk airport as well). Tank crew mostly consists of regular military of Russian Federation.

    January 2 – The enemy has relocated an artillery group to its first line near the town of Granitne.

    January 2 – Among the terrorists killed during an attack in the village of Pisky (close to Donetsk airport) 4 marines of the Russian Black Sea Fleet were identified, – informs "Information Resistance" group.

    January 2 – Pro-Russian terrorists of the so-called "DNR" are mobilizing underage children into their gangs. This was announced by ATO spokesman Andriy Lysenko during the traditional Friday briefing: "According to the reconnaisance, with the goal of completing the evident gang formations, which the leadership of the so-called "DNR" is carrying out on the occuppied territories of the so-called "volunteer" mobilization of the local residents between the age of 16-18," he said.

    Lysenko reminded that the involvement of under-age children in participating in the army actions and army services is a deep violation of the International Humanitarian Legal Law, especially Article 38 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Children.

    Janaury 1 – In 2014 Russia established a series of anti-records. The gross national product of Russia, as of November 2014, for the first time since 2009 went into a minus level, the decrease constituted 0.5%.

    This is not the only anti-record of the year – on December 15th, the exchange rate of a ruble to he dollar of the year had n a few hours decreased more than 8.5%. Until that moment the Russian money from the beginningof the year had devalued almost twice the amount.

    The devaluation of the Russian ruble was preceeded by the lowering of gas prices throughout five months – due to the strengthening of the sanctions by EU and USA and Russian "anti-sanctions".

    The decisions of the countries of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to not decrease the quota of procuring gas, deteriorated the situation. After that the price for raw materials decreased, speeeding up the loss of capital from Russia and the inflation of the ruble.

    The devaluation of the Russian ruble was preceeded by the lowering of gas prices throughout five months – due to the strengthening of the sanctions by EU and USA and Russian "anti-sanctions".

    The decisions of the countries of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to not decrease the quota of procuring gas, deteriorated the situation. After that the price for raw materials decreased, speeeding up the loss of capital from Russia and the inflation of the ruble.

    The gold currency reserves of Russia continued to decrease, while the rating of support for Putin's actions, increased. This year the ministry of the Economic Development of Russia examined the official prognosis about the inflation of the ruble three times. The beginning prognosis to the end of the year was increased almost twice – from 4.8% to 9%. Realistically, as the Russian Minister of Finances Anton Syluanov stated on December 25th, "according to the year's summary, most probably the inflation will quickly rise to 11.5%, and possibly even somewhat higher."

    Sanctions Intensify Russia's Free Fall Into Economic Crisis

    Russian economist Sergei Guriev, who teaches at Sciences Po in Paris, says Moscow can't keep spending down its reserves forever.

    More on Putin's lies and propaganda machine in the West

    P.S.: Please spread this appeal as much as possible.

    Ads are disabled for Euromaidan patrons.

    Support us on Patreon for an ad-free experience.

    Already with us on Patreon?

    Enter the code you received on Patreon or by email to disable ads for 6 months

    Invalid code. Please try again

    Code successfully activated

    Ads will be hidden for 6 months.