Chechen activists carrying Chechen, Ukrainian, Turkish, German and American flags have been marching from Strasbourg to Geneva to attract attention to the Chechen cause and seek justice and the rule of law for their nation. August 15, 2019.
For the last two weeks, a small group of Chechen activists carrying Chechen, Ukrainian, Turkish, German and American flags has been marching from Strasbourg to Geneva to attract attention to the Chechen cause and seek justice and the rule of law for their nation.
The march began on August 6, the 23rd anniversary of the liberation of Grozny by Ichkerian forces, is now in Switzerland, and in a few days will be in Geneva. Not surprisingly, Russian media have given it no coverage, and Western media have covered it only sparingly. But the issues the marchers raise merit attention.
At the start of the March for the Supremacy of Law and Justice at the Council of Europe headquarters, the group issued a resolution making the following demands of that body:
“Recognize the escalation of Russia’s war and the invasion of Russian armed forces into the territory of the Chechen Republic Ichkeria in 1994 and 1999 as acts of aggression.
“Carry out an objective investigation to identify the crimes of Russian: the murder of 250,000 peaceful citizens of the Chechen Republic Ichkeria including 42,000 children.
“Recognize as acts of genocide, crimes against humanity and military crimes the intentional bombing of peaceful cities and villages, mass murder and wounding of peaceful people, torture, extra-judicial executions, and many other crimes of the Russian armed forces committed against the Chechen people at the orders of the highest leadership of Russia headed by V. Putin.
And ‘to send its CONCLUSION about the recognition by the Council of Europe of Russia’s crimes to the UN Security Council and the International Criminal Court.”
- Марш «За Верховенство Права и Справедливости»
- «Мир должен проснуться» Стрим с марша «за верховенство права и справедливости»
- Марш За верховенство права и справедливости. День 1-3
- 10-12 день Марша чеченцев по Европе. (Швейцария)
- Чеченцы идут с флагом Украины до Женевы. 9-й день Марша, and
- Чеченцы идут вперёд, и только вперёд! 10-ый день Марша.
- World’s largest flag of Chechen Republic of Ichkeria unraveled in central Kyiv
- 24 years ago, Moscow attacked Chechnya, triggering a war that changed everything
- Ukrainian veteran, ethnic Chechen Amina Okuyeva assassinated near Kyiv
- Russia assassinated at least 13 Chechens abroad before victim returned fire in Kyiv
- ‘The Chechen War isn’t over’
- Exclusive: An interview with a Chechen commander fighting for Ukraine
- Chechens fight on both sides in Ukraine
- Kadyrov may be loyal to Putin and Russia but most Chechens aren’t
- Russian crisis will give Chechnya another chance at independence