Image: Dmitrij Chaban, AutoCentre.ua
According to UkrAvtoProm association, sales of new cars in Ukraine for 2016 increased by 40.9% to 65,562 units, as compared to 2015 when only 46,546 vehicles were sold.
The brands topping the last year’s list by number of sales were Opel, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen and Seat.
In addition, sales of buses by the end of the year increased by 101.7% as compared to 2015 and achieved 1,293 units. Sales of trucks for last year reached 8,350 units, which represented a 62.1% increase over 2015.
Domestic manufacturing accounted for 5,264 vehicles in Ukraine in 2016. It is a 36.5% reduction over the prior year. Of that number, the vast majority were cars, numbering 4,340 units, commercial vehicles were 603 units, while buses only 321 units.
- Ukraine on track to combat fiscal deficit in 2017 budget
- Finance Ministry: Ukraine’s economic growth accelerating
- Trump’s assault on globalization will hurt Russia badly and soon, Russian analysts say
- Why I returned to Ukraine
- Ukrainian economy resumes growth
- Ukraine’s local production rides the wave of economic patriotism