In a commentary to Suspilne TV, the Main Directorate of Intelligence of Ukraine spokesman Andrii Yusov called the statement of the Russian Defense Ministry about Ukraine’s alleged violation of the humanitarian corridor and attack on the civilian infrastructure of Crimea “a deceitful manipulation by the aggressor state.”
“The recent events in Crimea concerned exclusively military facilities and are in no way related to the grain deal, which includes Ukrainian ports and civilian ports, when it comes to the territory controlled by Ukraine. When it comes to the recently mentioned events in Crimea, we are talking about the occupied territory and military facilities of the occupiers. Ukraine complies with its international obligations, including fulfilling all obligations related to the grain corridor,” he emphasized.
On 24 April, an allegedly Ukrainian naval drone attack targeted Russian warships in the Sevastopol harbor, the home base of the Russian Black Sea Fleet.
Ukrainian surface drones attack Russian fleet in occupied Sevastopol: VIDEO
Later, the Russian Defense Ministry published a statement on Telegram calling the attack on its military facilities “a terrorist attack by the Kyiv regime,” and putting out the following ungrounded allegations:
- March 23 and April 24 attacks allegedly targeted “the base of the Black Sea Fleet in the city of Sevastopol and the civilian infrastructure of Crimea” (the first mentioned attack actually occurred on 22 March, – Ed.)
- “The analysis of the route of movement of Ukrainian unmanned boats showed that they were all launched from the water area of the port of Odesa, designated for the implementation of the Black Sea Initiative.”
- “Their deployment was carried out in the area of the humanitarian corridor.”
- Ukraine allegedly attempted naval drone attack on Crimea’s Sevastopol, which Russians say they repelled
- US drone observed explosions in Sevastopol, occupied Crimea
- Sevastopol repelled drone attack, occupied Crimea’s authorities say
- More explosions in Russia-occupied Crimea near Sevastopol & Kerch. Russia claimed air defense worked
- Explosions heard at Sevastopol’s Belbek airport and city of Kerch (occupied Crimea)