Euromaidan Press, an independent media about Ukraine in English, is looking for a full-time journalist/editor.
- Awareness of the political, social, economic, and military situation in Ukraine.
- Excellent knowledge of English, ability to translate, rewrite, write, and edit texts; good knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian.
- Confidence in using social media, a general understanding of trends in digital communication.
- A fast reaction to events, ability to distinguish fakes from real news.
- High level of self-organization.
- Ukrainian residency, private entrepreneur registration (or readiness to open one).
- Writing news, analysis, and explainers about relevant events and processes in Ukraine.
- Translating materials from relevant Ukrainian media and adapting them for foreign audiences.
- Social media monitoring and updating.
- Editing articles (both language and meaning) of other authors.
- Cooperation with the designer to create infographics and videos.
- A full-time remote job.
- A friendly environment where you can pursue your interests and implement your ideas.
- A competitive salary and growth opportunities.
- A site where the only thing limiting your journalistic independence is the editorial board.
Euromaidan Press mission:
We provide truthful, reliable and accurate information on developments in Ukraine, as well as on issues that relate to Ukraine both as a state entity and a multi-ethnic free society, by developing and maintaining media, information and analytical sources that are non-partisan, non-religious and non-aligned, and that counter disinformation that is detrimental to Ukraine and Ukrainian society. We wish to be an independent voice of Ukraine and provide a bridge between Ukraine and the Ukrainian communities living abroad. We strive to inform the world public opinion about the country’s history, political and social developments as well as of the opportunities the country offers for business and tourism.
If you’re interested, please send a CV with examples of your journalistic articles to euromaidanpress (a) gmail.com. Potential candidates will be asked to submit a test article for the site. Salary will be between 11,000-14,000 UAH based on experience.