Putin and Solovyev, a shot from the "World Order" documentary
The position of our Western partners, European and American ones, is not connected with protecting Ukraine’s interests, but with an attempt to prevent the reconstruction of the Soviet Union. – Vladimir Putin
“Considering Ukraine and former Soviet Union area, I am sure that the position of our Western partners, European and American ones, is not connected with protecting Ukraine’s interests, but with an attempt to prevent the reconstruction of the Soviet Union. And no one wants to believe us, that we do not have a goal to reconstruct the Soviet Union,” Russia’s president said during the interview with Solovyev.
Due to him, the West can’t sleep because it fears Russian and Ukrainian economies unitiand and becoming stronger.
“But even the hypothetical possibility of joining the efforts within the framework of current economical integrational processes which would without doubt make both Russia and Ukraine a more competitive in the world economy… even the hypothetical possibility of it doesn’t let our partners sleep well.”
Putin seemed so concerned about the faith of Ukrainian citizens, he even showed regrets that the upcoming visa free regime with the EU will allow Ukrainians migrate to work as nannies, gardeners, and construction workers.
“I think the main task is to not to let this unification happen… An absolute deindustrialization of Ukraine is happening. And what are they receiving instead? Maybe, they will give the right of visa free entrance to Europe. Maybe they will, maybe not. But this isn’t even a work permit, these aren’t work visas. Even if it were work visas, as for whom? Nannies, gardeners and construction workers? Is it the destiny of such a great country and an awesome nation as Ukrainians? Of course not!”
Other thesises of Putin’s interview were:
- Terrorism can be defeated, but all countries should unite for that
- Europe has refused to have an independent external politics
- Russia is threatened by American tactical nuclear weapon in Europe
- We need to fight the spread of nuclear weapon and stereotypes of the Cold War
- Democratic values can’t be forced by “color revolutions”
- Russia conducts honest and coherent politics in solving Syrian crisis
- Coup d’etat can’t make life in the country better
- Turks are a friendly nation to Russia