Canadian surgeons on their first mission in Ukraine in November 2014
Article by: Canada Ukraine Foundation
A second team of Canadian medical professionals will perform reconstructive surgical procedures on those who were injured during Maidan movement and ATO on May 8th – 17th, 2015.
If you are interested, please read the information below:
- For whom: medical assistance will be provided to those injured at Maidan and soldiers of Armed Forces of Ukraine, other security agencies or volunteer battalions.
- When: 8-17 May 2015
- Where: The Main Military Clinical Hospital in Kyiv
Types of injuries: traumatic defects – facial and cranial defects and deformations, post-burn scar contractures, scars, defects and deformations of upper limbs; deformation of nerve of bone and upper limb, defects of the soft tissues of the face, head, torso or legs, any defect in the face, eyelids, nose, lips, ears, cheeks, facial bone fracture, any face gunshot wound and any post-traumatic facial deformities.
The types of surgeries to be performed:
- Plastic and facial reconstruction (bone and muscle defects). Of any complexity.
- Replacement of bone defects of the head.
- Plastics and reconstruction of the wrist.
- The post-burn scars and contractures.
Canadian doctors will provide medical care for the injured free of charge, including all necessary medications!
The information needed to schedule an appointment: 1) Name, a division in the person serves or served in the ATO, and when got injured; 2) location of the person (hospital, at home, in which city); 3) an extract from the medical history with the diagnosis.
Examinations and consultations will be held by appointment only!
What to bring for examination: passport, medical records indicating the diagnosis, preferably an X-ray or CT scan.
Tags: Act!, Archive, Canada, help, Help Ukraine, medics