The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) is opening a hotline for Russians whose family members have disappeared in the Donbas, SBU head Valentyn Nalyvaichenko said on Espreso.TV, October 4.
The call center will attempt to find Russians citizens who disappeared during the fighting in the Donbas and also to help identify bodies of Russian soldiers.
“On Monday, October 6, we will provide an opportunity for families, including Russians, to identify the individuals shot and murdered on our territory. This includes the identification of Russian soldiers, who were sometimes killed off by their own people if they were wounded,” he said.
“The call center that is serving Ukrainian citizens will also provide Russian language service starting on Monday, and Russian citizens will be able to contact it. We are primarily interested in ordinary people — mothers looking for their sons. If they were fighting illegally on Ukrainian territory, then this truth should be available to the Russian side, he added.
Additionally, Nalyvaichenko stated that even though Russia has opened criminal cases on the so-called “genocide” in Ukraine, it will be exclusively the Ukrainian side that investigates these crimes.
“All these crimes will be investigated by Ukrainian authorities under international supervision. We support international control and maximum transparency, so that the fate of each person is known, so that each body is identified. We do not need propaganda. Enough. We’re proceeding with concrete work,” he said.
As previously reported, the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation has initiated a criminal case on the “genocide of the Russian-speaking population” of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.