Wednesday, 4 June 2014 from 18:00: Ukrainians in London will demonstrate outside the Royal Automobile Club on Pall Mall, where the Russo-British Chamber of Commerce (RBCC) Business Forum 2014 ‘Russia & Britain – Building Business in the Current Climate’ will be taking place
On Wednesday, Ukrainians living in London will demonstrate outside the Royal Automobile Club on Pall Mall, demanding the RBCC stops doing business with Putin’s criminal regime and demand the introduction of “Iran style” sanctions against Russia.
After the illegal annexation of Crimea, President Putin has smuggled over Russian special forces to Eastern Ukraine to attack government buildings and conduct acts of terror – kidnap, torture, and the killing of Ukainians. Over 100,000 people have already signed a petition to the White House to designate Russia as a country that is a state sponsor of terrorism; as such, there should not be any business conducted with a fascist regime such as the current Russian one that supports terrorism.
In a time when US and European governments add more Russian companies and persons, who are responsible for Russian aggression against Ukraine, to enlarged sanction lists, searching for ways around this to invest into a Russian criminal regime is inconceivable. These are built on false premise and are immoral, but they could also be deemed as treacherous acts of sabotage against British governmental policies and Britain’s sovereignty.
The immoral people that are ready to deal with Putin’s regime, because of their greed, are akin to those who kept on trading with and financing Hitler until the beginning of World War 2. The is ever more pertinent on the eve of the D-Day commemorations.
At this event the Russian Ambassador to the UK Alexander Yakovenko will be present, along with many other political ‘big-wigs” and influential tradesmen, in a fancy Gala dinner hosted by no other than His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent. There will be a black-tie Gala dinner at the prestigious Royal Automobile Club where all the “crème de la crème” will unofficially make deals and network, with a conference held the following day at the BMA in Tavistock Square, central London.
Each pound invested in Russia support Putin’s regime and his military, which at some point may well be used against the UK. Stefan Ciapryna, a spokesperson for Ukrainian protest group London Euromaidan says: “By actively engaging in this Chamber of Commerce, British companies and dignitaries are clearly sending out a contradictory message to their own government. At a time when the British government has highlighted the threat to the European Continent and its integrity by Russia’s continued invasion of Ukraine on its Eastern front and the illegal annexation of Crimea, trading with Russia is heinous and undermines Britain’s sovereignty. Britain has along with the EU and US imposed sanctions against Russia and its fascist regime, and the RBCC ignores the continued murders of Ukrainians for a bilateral greed of money and lifestyle. This is utterly repulsive and shows the immorality of the members of this chamber of commerce.”
London Euromaidan activists demand:
- Freezing Russian state and oligarchs’ assets in the UK
- Isolation of the Russian economy and its financial system
- Travel bans for the government officials and oligarchs, economic sanctions and embargoes on the Russian companies and products, including oil
- Francois Hollande retracts his invitation to President Vladmir Putin for the D-Day commemoration as a move that Russia will not be accepted if it continues to breach international law by funding terrorism
- An end to Russian interference in Ukrainian affairs and withdrawal of all Russian and other Russian-funded foreign soldiers in Ukraine
- Full economic isolation of Russia including ‘Iran-style’ sanctions as Russia is a state that sponsors terrorism
- Political and economic isolation of President Vladimir Putin due to his attempts to resurrect the former Soviet Union and imperialistic expansionism at any cost
- US, UK and Russia to uphold its commitments to the Budapest Memorandum in which they promised to uphold the territorial integrity of Ukraine
For more information or to arrange interviews please contact London spokespersons: Stepan 07887058036 and Stefan 07402404110 Email: [email protected]
- Event information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1492981170935450/
- Time and Venue: Wednesday 4 June 2014 @ 18:00, Royal Automobile Club, 89-91 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5HS
- The Ukrainian community formed a group called London EuroMaidan who have been one of the most vocal and visible diaspora communities throughout the events, holding continuous protests since November. To date they have organised over 160 protests
- A 24-hour vigil has been taking place on Whitehall opposite Downing Street for already 3 months
- Website: www.saveukraine.co.uk
- Twitter @londonmaidan
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/london.maidan