Today, Thursday, 15 May around 25 Ukrainians held a demonstration outside FTSE Russian Investment Forum in London. The protesters held banners saying ‘Stop Financing Terrorists!’ ‘Do not invest in TerroRussia!’ and ‘Buying Russian bonds finances Russian bombs!’.
Delegates entering Fishmongers’ Hall, where FTSE Accessing Russia 2014 – a briefing for institutional investors -took place had to pass the demonstration in order to enter the event. Most delegates kept their heads down when entering.
A spokesperson for London Euromaidan Stepan says “While almost daily, new sanctions are placed on Russia, searching for ways around them to invest into the Russian criminal regime is not only immoral but also traitorous.”
“These immoral bankers, hedge fund managers and investors who, through their own greed, are ready to invest in Putin’s criminal regime, are exactly like those who kept on trading with and financing Hitler.”
London Euromaidan outlines it’s to demands to the UK government that needs to use all means at its disposal to send a clear message to Putin that the civilized world will not tolerate his aggression by:
- Introducing Iran-style sanctions on Russia
- Freezing Russian state and oligarchs’ assets in the UK
- Travel bans for the government officials and oligarchs, economic sanctions and embargoes on the Russian companies and products, including oil
- Isolation of the Russian economy and its financial system
- Protest took place: Thursday, 15 May, from 12.30 to 14.00 at Fishmongers’ Hall EC4R 9EL at “FTSE Accessing Russia 2014 (Briefing for institutional investors)“
- The Ukrainian community formed a group called London EuroMaidan who have been one of the most vocal and visible diaspora communities throughout the events, holding continuous protests since November 2013.
- Ukrainian protesters have been outside Downing Street 24hours a day, for over two months, since the Russianinvasion of Crimea.
- A worldwide #boycottrussian campaign was launched to support Ukraine by isolating Russia economically
- London Euromaidan supports the petition to the White House to designate Russia as “State sponsor of terrorism”