Verkhovna Rada appointed Mykhailo Koval as an acting Minister of Defense. 251 MPs voted for Decree, number 4343, which was proposed by Acting President Oleksander Turchinov. After his appointment Koval thanked outgoing minister Tenyukh. “I believe in the Armed Forced of Ukraine,”stated the newly appointed the head of the defense ministry.
Mykhailo Koval was born in Izyaslav, Khmelnitskiy Oblast in 1956. He graduated from Kamyanets-Podilskiy Specialized Military and Engineering Command College.
- 1979-1983 serviced at the Separate Guards Engineering – Field-Engineering battalion of the Guards Airborne Division as a squad and later platoon commander;
- 1983-1984 – the commander of the Training Centre;
- 1984-1987 service at the Guards Airborne regiment of the Guards Airborne division as a deputy of the commander of the battalion, then as the commander of the battalion;
- 1987-1990- attended Frunze Military Academy;
- 1990-1995-a deputy of the commander, then the commander of the Training Centre for the training of the junior specialists for the Airbourne Forces;
- 1995-1997 –attended the Academy of the Armed Forced of Ukraine;
- 1995-1999- chief of staff, the commander of the Armored Division of the Army Corps of the Northern Operational Command;
- 1999-2001- chief of staff, the first deputy of the commander of the Army Corps of the Western Operational Command;
- 2001-2002- the first deputy of the Commander – in – Chief of Internal Affairs Command of the Ministry of Internal Affairs- chief of staff;
- 2002-2003 the first deputy of the Chairman of the State Committee on the defense of the State Borders of the Commander – in – Chief of the Border Troops
- 2002-2003- the first deputy of the Head of the Border Control Service of Ukraine, the Chief Military Personnel Officer.
- On March 5, 2014, he was taken by unknown persons near a military unit in Yalta. In 3 hours he was released without explanation for this act. The Colonel General states that Russian soldiers participated in this.
The original text is on Ukrayinska Pravda at:http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2014/03/25/7020231/