TO EVERYONE, WHO CARES ABOUT THE FATE OF CRIMEA! WE URGE YOU TO BOYCOTT THIS REFERENDUM!
The referendum on which we, Crimean residents, are being offered to make a choice for the future of our children, the future of our Crimea, the future of the whole country, has been appointed for March, 16.
WE CALL UPON YOU TO BOYCOTT THIS REFERENDUM!
- This referendum is extremely dangerous for the fate of the Crimeans.
- This referendum is illegal.
- This referendum is a challenge to the common sense.
The only people that need this referendum is a bunch of political adventurers that are trying to escape responsibility for their economical and political crimes towards the Crimeans.
This referendum is dangerous because:
- it splits Crimean society;
- it provokes the outbreak of civil war;
- It will distort/rupture the prevailing world order, which will lead to catastrophic consequences for humanity.
This referendum is illegal because:
- the decision to proceed with it was undertaken behind a closed door, under pressure, in the presence of armed men;
- the issue of altering the Ukrainian territory can only be raised by a nation-wide referendum;
- by the proceedings of the General Prosecutor’s Office, the Crimean Parliament’s provision to carry out the referendum has been overruled in court;
- all of the nations worldwide and the United Nations have declared the conduct of this referendum as unlawful and refused to grant it official recognition;
This referendum challenges elementary common sense:
- because Ukraine is already offering Crimea as much power and authority as Crimea can carry;
- because Crimea’s unbound economic, social and political development is guaranteed by the worldwide community;
- because peaceful paths for Crimea’s development have been proposed.
DO NOT ACCEPT INVITATIONS TO TAKE PART IN THE ELECTIVE COMMISSIONS RESPONSIBLE FOR CARRYING OUT THE REFERENDUM.
DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS FOR BEING INCLUDED INTO BALLOT LISTS!
DO NOT SHOW UP TO THE ELECTORAL DISTRICTS ON THE DATE OF THE REFERENDUM AND DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN VOTING.
BY BOYCOTTING THE REFERENDUM TOGETHER, WE CAN ENSURE PEACE IN CRIMEA FOR OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS”.
Translated by Dasha Darchuk, edited by Alya Shandra